Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Story Worth Telling

Okay, so today Alyssa and Audrey (our 2 1/2 year old twins) were quite mischievous (1/2 of them anyway) and I just had to post this for the record. Not everything can be told with pictures, and this is one of them.

So, I was on the phone trying to make an appt. when I heard quite a horrible noise coming from the living room. I rounded the corner, and there was Alyssa laying under my glass coffee table using her feet as forklift and lifting the glass panes out of our glass coffee table. And..there was sweet Audrey assisting her. That meant taking the glass panes (which are about 2x3 in size) and laying them on the floor next to the table. "Oh my goodness, just a minute please" was my reply and off I whisked them to their bedroom so I could finish my conversation with the woman I was trying to make an appt. with. They like playing in their room together and always have a great time--especially when they pull every single toy in their room out and all the books off their shelf. Today however, Alyssa decided that was apparently boring and she went for a new record! Both Alyssa and Audrey are potty trained now (pee anyway--poo is another issue I'll save for another time). However, their potty chair wasn't in their room for some reason and they can't open their door yet. So, Alyssa decided that maybe the kitchen sink on their wooden play kitchen would work well as a potty! I kid you not! I walked in after my phone conversation ended and Alyssa looked at me in all seriousness and said, "Mommy I pee pee in sink." I hesitantly looked, and guess what--she did!!! There were little footprints on the top of the stove next to it where she evidently attempted to squat but missed a bit when trying to aim for the sink. She managed to get about 1/2 in the sink and the rest...well, you figure it out. I only wish I could've seen the expression on Audrey's face watching her sister attempt this. I can hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: