On Friday night, Madison had her FIRST slumber party here for her 8th Birthday Party. I was warned by lots of moms about how late they may stay up, to making sure I had morning activities planned. I felt like I was all prepared and, guess what....amazingly I WAS!!! Thanks for the advice friends! Madison had 8 girls including herself and sister Katelyn. She had a great time and so did all her friends. Mom even had a great time--really!!! I can say with complete confidence that I can't wait to do another one! I felt like I was in my "element." Having girls is SO MUCH FUN!!! I think I know why God gave me 4 now.:>)

The party started at our neighbors sport court--they have basically said its "ours" now that their daughters have officially moved out of the house. We feel so fortunate to be able to use this whenever we like.
The party started at our neighbors sport court--they have basically said its "ours" now that their daughters have officially moved out of the house. We feel so fortunate to be able to use this whenever we like.
It's game time outside now..."Little Sally Walker" and "Ships and Sailors."

The party moved into our basement for the remainder of the night.
Look, they are already tired and its just beginning--I guess those games outside wore them out!

This taken after a game of truth or dare. Mom told the girls to stand in a circle with their backs towards the middle and to close their eyes. I went around and put sticky spiders on all of their heads and then gave them the "okay" to look. This was Madison's reaction! It was a riot to hear 8 girls scream at the top of their lungs!
The party moved into our basement for the remainder of the night.
Look, they are already tired and its just beginning--I guess those games outside wore them out!
This taken after a game of truth or dare. Mom told the girls to stand in a circle with their backs towards the middle and to close their eyes. I went around and put sticky spiders on all of their heads and then gave them the "okay" to look. This was Madison's reaction! It was a riot to hear 8 girls scream at the top of their lungs!
Pizza time (Madison's choice, of course).
Her birthday cake was from Cold Stone--cream cheese delight)
Her birthday cake was from Cold Stone--cream cheese delight)
It was dancing time after dinner. We had a strobe light and disco ball like last year, but my flash on my camera is fooling you into thinking it was light in there. It was actually pitch dark and there was so much screaming and excitement going on that we had to tone it down after about 20mins. with a movie and pedicures.

Madison chose Cinderella 3 after debating between Alvin and the Chipmunks and High School Musical 2.
She "polled" her friends at school and all but one, wanted Cinderella 3.
Madison chose Cinderella 3 after debating between Alvin and the Chipmunks and High School Musical 2.
She "polled" her friends at school and all but one, wanted Cinderella 3.
My friend Tram rescued me again and came to help me give pedicures to all the girls. I did the feet cleaning/massaging and she did all the beautiful toe work. She came with all the color supplies and even a special nail embossing kit that you could only buy at the State Fair (which she took her family to so she could buy it). Not kidding--only my friend Tram! I love you Tram! I was lucky enough to find adorable pedicure bags in the dollar section at Target. Each girl got one to have their feet cleaned with so there was no foot germ sharing.:>)

The "Katelyn" bench (there were 3 Katelyn's at this party!)

Time for facials..."yuck, this stuff stinks really bad. Do we have to do this?"
They did like how soft their skin felt afterwards though.:>)

A craft just before bed...I kept them up late on purpose (hoping it would keep the chit chatting shorter). It actually worked I think.
They decorated pillow cases until 11:00.
The "Katelyn" bench (there were 3 Katelyn's at this party!)
Time for facials..."yuck, this stuff stinks really bad. Do we have to do this?"
They did like how soft their skin felt afterwards though.:>)
A craft just before bed...I kept them up late on purpose (hoping it would keep the chit chatting shorter). It actually worked I think.
They decorated pillow cases until 11:00.
It was finally time for bed at 11:15.

Natalie, Haley and Madison (left to right)
They all put their masks on and I went over some "house rules". I heard lots of chatting while I was getting ready for bed, but when I came back down at midnight to check on them all was almost quiet. The next morning, Madison told me they did have a "quiet balloon party" before they went to sleep. That meant they threw balloons up on our 70's ceiling to hear them pop. See, there is some fun to be had with an old house!:>)
Natalie, Haley and Madison (left to right)
They all put their masks on and I went over some "house rules". I heard lots of chatting while I was getting ready for bed, but when I came back down at midnight to check on them all was almost quiet. The next morning, Madison told me they did have a "quiet balloon party" before they went to sleep. That meant they threw balloons up on our 70's ceiling to hear them pop. See, there is some fun to be had with an old house!:>)
So, they went to sleep after midnight and got up at 7. Not too bad I am told! Anyway, in the morning, we brought down this present for Madison from us (a washable hair coloring kit). This was their morning entertainment along with tatooing each other while Eric and I cooked them a pancake breakfast. This was a HUGE hit!

Natalie giving Madison a tattoo and Timilin giving herself one.

Breakfast at 9. Quick, we only have an hour before our Moms and Dads come.
They all wanted to go outside after breakfast and play, but forgot how cold Sept. mornings can be.
Natalie giving Madison a tattoo and Timilin giving herself one.
Breakfast at 9. Quick, we only have an hour before our Moms and Dads come.
They all wanted to go outside after breakfast and play, but forgot how cold Sept. mornings can be.
2 comments:
WOW you are BRAVE. It looks likes everyone had a great time. I can't believe our girls are 8! (well almost for Kiersten!)
I would have to agree, you are brave! And so creative to think up all those activities! How fun! It is a bummer that Madi and Sadie couldn't go to each other's parties. Someday, right? Tell her Happy Birthday for us all!
Post a Comment