Friday, October 10, 2008

Phantom of the Opera

Last Saturday my parents came over and stayed with us for the weekend. It was a wonderful weekend! My Mom had purchased tickets for her and Dad (or so she thought) to see Phantom of the Opera in Seattle at the Paramount Theater. My Dad decided he didn't really want to see it, and that maybe I would enjoy it more with my Mom, instead. Of course, I couldn't pass the offer up. I've always wanted to see it, but have never really had another opportunity to since I was a working woman (outside the home) and was traveling in New York where it was playing (at that time, everyone I was with had already seen it). So, we went on Saturday and had a great time! The special effects and costumes were, WOW! And the paramount is such a beautifully restored theater! My Dad and Eric stayed home with the 4 girls and somehow--amazingly--got 3 brand new windows installed in our basement before we got home that night at 6! I was seriously AMAZED! And...our basement looks so much better already and its so much warmer too! Thank you so much Mom and Dad for a wonderful, special weekend! We appreciate all you do for us and all the time you give to our family. You can stay with us anytime!!!!


Mom and I at Palominos for lunch in downtown Seattle. I figured the least I could do was buy her lunch!


Where we saw the show.


Mom and I after the show. They wouldn't let us take a picture inside the theater (I sure tried though), so this was the best we could do.

2 comments:

Mom said...

You're Welcome, Michele!!! I had a great time, too.
Love,
Mom

Elissa said...

That is so awesome! I saw Phantom at the Paramount in college and loved it so much I got all teary! What a special outing for you and your mom!