Last Sunday we celebrated A.&A.'s 3rd birthday at our home with 28 family and friends! It was a fun time for all and felt a bit like the zoo!:>) This was the theme of their party and worked perfectly. Neither of theme could agree on anything (not that I wanted them too), so this made it fun and easy! Alyssa wanted the elephant and Audrey wanted the monkey. Thanks everyone for celebrating their special day with them!
Time to eat!

Craft time--coloring zoo animal masks

Pin the tail on the zebra
Okay, so there is a bit of a long story behind these cakes..but I'll try and summarize. I was up way too late the night before decorating them. We couldn't figure out where to hide them for fear the dog would eat them or the twins would find them. So, we put them on the top bunk bed in our spare bedroom with the door shut. They would surely be fine in there right? NOT! That morning as we were crazily preparing for everyones arrival, I thought to myself, "where are the twins...they are so quiet?" I found them minutes later sitting a top the bunk beds eating their cakes!!!!! I screamed in hysterics and scared my entire household and then just burst out crying. Anyway, my sweet mom picked me up a new frosting on the way to the party (b/c I ran out) and some new candies that were used for decoration, but had been eaten. Then, my dear friend Tram fixed it all up for me to try and make it look "new" again. She did a great job! I only wish I had gotten a picture of them eating it, but couldn't, b/c the day before my camera broke for good as Madison was taking a picture with it.:>( Oh well..at least the picture shows a glimpse of what happened (you can sort-of see the patch job where small fingers did some damage).
Audrey's "Bonkey" (aka Monkey) Cake Alyssa's "Elefant" Cake
(she wanted chocolate cake) (she wanted white cake)









No comments:
Post a Comment