Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Church Sports Camp

Last week the girls and I participated in a sports camp (Unchartered Waters Sports Ministry) at our church (this was a new opportunity for our church to try instead of the typical VBS). It was awesome and we all had a blast! There were 3 sports to choose from: soccer, basketball and cheerleading. It was from 9-12 everyday and included fun songs and bible story time and even illusions. Madison chose basketball and Katelyn chose cheerleading. Believe it or not, I was one of the coaches for cheerleading. Luckily, I didn't have to participate in the performance on Friday.:>)


Katelyn's cheer group.


Check out that air (she is on the far left)!



At the end of the week they got to learn some stunting. Katelyn was a flyer!


Madison doing a basketball drill


Trying to steal the ball


Haley and Madison


Sideline cheering...


Alyssa and Audrey (sucking on her orange slice). They got to sing and have snack each day--the highlight of their morning.


Bible story time...



Song time...

1 comment:

Elissa said...

Okay, weird! This is the sports camp that Summit View has done the last three years! We just had it last week and Sadie did cheer, too! What a cool camp, and I love the songs that they sang! Zack got to go, too, as they had a general sports part for 4 and 5 year olds. The kids will just have to sing all the songs for us when we see you. My kids' favorite song is "Before I go, go go, I STOP!"