Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Birthday Fun at Grandma and Grandpa's House

This weekend we all spent time in Gig Harbor with our family. On Saturday, we had Katelyn's family birthday at her Grandpa Ron and Grandma Sue's house. Then, Katelyn got to spend the night for the first time there alone (without big sister). Eric and Madison went to Nana and Papa's house to spend the night and go sailing on Sunday. I got to go shopping at Ikea and be at home with Alyssa and Audrey. I know...doesn't sound very exciting for me, but you know, it was good for everyone in our family to have some "one-on-one" time.


Katelyn's cake request every year


Our double-blessing sweeties enjoying big sisters birthday cake!


I can't believe I am posting this, but my family loved it, so here it is. I ended up volunteering to grill the chicken--I figured it was my turn to return the many years of my parents cooking my food.:>) The only problem was that it was very hot and smoky, so I borrowed my Dad's face shield that he uses in his shop. Ridiculous looking, but it worked great and brought my family hurt faces from laughing/smiling so much (especially my grandma and sister-in-law). That alone was worth it!:>)


My silly daughters!


Grandpa Ron made a zip track in their backyard for all the cousins to play on. They loved it! Thanks Grandpa!





Grandpa Ron taking Audrey down.


Katelyn got to have more pony time on Sunday. Grandpa and Grandma surprised her and took her to their long-time friends horse farm. She had a great time! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for a special weekend--smores, thin pancakes and all!


Katelyn brushing Jack.


On the way home, the girls got to sit in a parachute seat at the base of Tiger Mountain from one of the parachuter's who had just landed. There is a place where all the parachuter's jump from (Poo poo point on Tiger Mountain) right off the side of the road on the way home. Grandpa, Daddy and Madison all decided that they would like to do this someday.


No comments: