Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 15th Anniversary!

On the 25th of June Eric and I celebrated 15 years of marriage! Phew!!! We have been through so much together already, but realize, Lord willing, that we still have that much more to go through together too. I am so thankful I don't have to do it alone!! Has it all been great? No, but I believe anything worth something requires work, and the more work, the better that something is/will be! God didn't intend life to be a smooth sailing ship, although there are days we wish it could be--I know I do! But, as I reflect, I realize it is those "not-so-smooth" moments that God uses us and helps mold us to become the person He intends us to be. He uses our weaknesses to ultimately make us stronger, our spouses stronger, our children stronger. I just love that!

Here is to at least double the years we have already been together babe. Thank you for sticking with me through all that life demands and for allowing me to become who God is intending me to be. It's a lifetime of work!

We were able to go on a 5 night vacation to Canada together with none our girls! Thank you to all of our family for making that happen, and I mean ALL b/c it really did take a lot. To Nana and Papa who watched them for 3 nights at their home, to Aunt Noelle who helped in that endeavor and allowed them to be entertained at their home for some of that, to my Mom and Dad who watched them the other nights. Memories were definitely made! Finally, to Grandpa and Grandma B. for watching our Maak. We couldn't have had such a relaxing time without you all!

On our way to Whistler, we stopped at Horseshoe Bay--Eric's dream town. Such a beautiful/quaint little town. Too bad the weather was changing that afternoon, bringing in the rain storm we got to experience for the next 2 days in Whistler.:>( Oh well, sure made us relax, which was the point right?!




Our bedroom at Nita Lake Lodge--luxury for sure! We were on the top floor and had the highest vaulted ceilings we had ever been in. We highly recommend this lodge if you are ever looking for a place to stay in Whistler.


View from our balcony of Nita Lake (Whistler mountain to the right)


Looking towards the Lodge at the other end of the lake on one of the trails.

1 comment:

Stephanie's Blog said...

Congrats Michele and Eric on 15 years...that is amazing. Words well said about marriage. You guys make it look so easy :-)