So, this afternoon I layed the twins down for a nap as I routinely do and then went outside to blow our driveway of all the leaves and cedar droppings---wow, what a mess I tell yah! Anyway, as I turned around in my driveway back towards the house I looked at the bedroom window where the twins room is and saw them doing this to the next degree.
Of course, I had to stop blowing and start bookin'! I ran in with my camera (of course) and found them like this. They had taken it down a notch in this picture--probably b/c they knew I was coming.:>) By that I mean, they were on the top of this kitchen with their buns and feet pressed against the window! "Lord have mercy" was all I could think, and "please don't break our brand new window!" I needed more than mercy though..I also needed a much larger dose of patience! Today about topped their most mischievous days. Lets just say that aside from climbing onto the top of this kitchen, they had also taken all of their items out of their closet (including the things on the top shelves), thrown it all over the floor and apparently were trying to discern what monkey behavior was like sitting atop a wire shelf about 5 ft. up! Even their garbage can contents was dumped on the floor!:>( Since this afternoon, we have moved the kitchen to an inner wall away from the window and A.&A. received a pretty good dose of discipline.:>(
I will now admit that having twins is a bit more than I bargained for! I mean, I really do love them SO much and its amazing how God graces you with continuous love for each child brought into your life, but my days lately have been so challenging that I would sum it up by saying..."Lord, please grant me MORE PATIENCE!" Oh, and maybe I should never blow the driveway off again either (I will tell Eric that anyway).:>)
I will now admit that having twins is a bit more than I bargained for! I mean, I really do love them SO much and its amazing how God graces you with continuous love for each child brought into your life, but my days lately have been so challenging that I would sum it up by saying..."Lord, please grant me MORE PATIENCE!" Oh, and maybe I should never blow the driveway off again either (I will tell Eric that anyway).:>)
1 comment:
Michelle, Everyday I pray God will grant me more patience. And then I think about the other Moms that have multiples...I truly could not imagine. WAIT yes I can, I watch Jon and Kate plus eight! BUt, I still need more patience!
Post a Comment